Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Printing on Dot Matrix Printer with Mac OS X

butchm

This topic is 7553 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Has anyone been successful on this? Am developing a Point of Sale system in FileMaker for OS X and have been unsuccessful using Gimp Print on an Epson LX-300. Any other way I could make this work, short of moving the POS to a Windows platform? Thanks in advance!

There is some info on this in the Outputting & Printing forum, but to save you some time, I quote here from webcat, who wrote this in response to a similar posting of mine.

-Stanley

This is the posting by webcat, from the Printing forum:

hi,

I use Epson LX300+ and Epson FX880 printers with Mac OS X and they both work fine.

you need to use CUPS printer drivers.

there is loads of info about this on the web, it took me a good week to get the correct info, but I can now write my own CUPS printer drivers!

however, if all you want is to print on the normal sizes of US letter and A4 paper then the CUPS printer driver is already switched on in Mac OSX 10.2.x - you need to add the printer from the Print Center, but when you click add printer, hold the option key.

mail me if you want more info.

at the moment I am trying to figure out why FMP6 won't talk to these printers, but FMD6 will! !!!

tearing my hair out as a large contract depends on this...

This topic is 7553 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.