Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Enhanced "Go to Record" command?

This topic is 8613 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there any way to remember the active (currently selected) record in your current found set, then create a different found set (inclusive of the earlier found set) AND THEN use the GO TO RECORD script command (or something else) to move to the remembered record?

I know you can use the status(currentrecordID) to find the unique ID of a record, but you can

quote:

Originally posted by JimWashDC:

Is there any way to remember the active (currently selected) record in your current found set, then create a different found set (inclusive of the earlier found set) AND THEN use the GO TO RECORD script command (or something else) to move to the remembered record?

I know you can use the status(currentrecordID) to find the unique ID of a record, but you can

quote:

Originally posted by captkurt:

If it is simply a case of remembering which record you were on, you could just create a flag field. Set it to "1", then use a relationship from a constant field to the flag field.

Yes, I thought of something like this, but it wouldn't work in a multi-user environment. I'll check out your referenced website.

Thanks.

quote:

Originally posted by JimWashDC:

Yes, I thought of something like this, but it wouldn't work in a multi-user environment. I'll check out your referenced website.

There are a variety of ways to make it work in a multi-user environment. The examples should illustrate that.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8613 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.