Server Maintenance This Week. ×

CDML time and date formatting

This topic is 7553 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Not much to this very simple demonstration.

To fully appreciate the time formatting you need to create a record before noon and a record after noon.

Oops, almost forgot to mention, this is in FMPro 5.0v.3. Unstuff the folder and place the files loose in Web. I should also mention that for publishing over the www your db files should not be in the folder Web. For the demo's which I post the db files are placed there for your convenience only.

And create a record in Web Security for the db file for all users, Browse and Create.

timedate.zip

As I mention above this is developed in 5.0v.3. I have been informed by Garry that version 6 allows the "format" parameter to display the date and time fields as formatted in the db. Thus this formatting solution applies to pre-6.x versions.

It's cool for that.

The field referred to on the browser screen [fmp-field:d_today00,format] should read [fmp-field:d_today,format]. The field in the db file, [fmp-field:c_today02], has the Day() entered after the comma instead of before the comma. If it bothers you, change the calc. You know how. You're a developer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.