Return to cursor position after script

This topic is 8601 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

My job tracking file has a repeating field for due dates of various tasks. I have another Filemaker file that allows me to select dates from a calendar. How can I write a script that jumps to the calendar file, allows me to select the date, and then pass that date back into the repeating field my cursor was in (in effect, creating a little popup calendar)? If I create a button to perform the script, my cursor position gets lost when I click the button. Any help would be appreciated.

quote:

Originally posted by signal:

My job tracking file has a repeating field for due dates of various tasks. I have another Filemaker file that allows me to select dates from a calendar. How can I write a script that jumps to the calendar file, allows me to select the date, and then pass that date back into the repeating field my cursor was in (in effect, creating a little popup calendar)? If I create a button to perform the script, my cursor position gets lost when I click the button. Any help would be appreciated.

If you're on a Mac, I can picture how to do this with AppleScript. if you on Windows, I've heard that WinBatch can do similar tasks. But what you are trying to do can't be done with FileMaker alone.

Chuck

I use a calendar plugin from PCC which when the user clicks into the field, causes a calendar to drop down. After the user selects a date the calendar closes returning the date to the field. What I haven't been able to do is to use Status(CurrentField), so that if a layout has 30 date fields, I have 30 scripts, each 1 line long (each a call to the plugin)

This topic is 8601 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.