Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Define field in script?

This topic is 8563 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi, Can anyone tell me if it possible to actually define a field in Scriptmaker. I know you can open the define fields menu, but I'd like to go one past that and actually modify and define the fields right in the script?

------------------

AA

The only thing more difficult that defining a field in Scriptmaker is trying to think of a reason why you would want to do so! There has GOT to be another way to accomplish whatever you are trying to do! wink.gif

To automate setting up fields, you can create fields as columns in Excel and drop the document on FileMaker. FM will turn the column titles into fields (all text, sorry). This would allow a more automated creation of a series of fields with similar names. -bd

[This message has been edited by LiveOak (edited November 10, 2000).]

Perhaps your solution is best served with relational databases. Every solution that has used separate fields for data (like a course enrolment system a friend did) was easier to work with *and* a better data structure when related records were used.

You can set up a portal to have a blank row at the bottom, entering into the blank row automatically creates a new related record.

This topic is 8563 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.