Printing default

This topic is 8535 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I would like to avoid a printing accident such as the users printing all of the records in the db because they forgot to input print limits. Creating a default with the number 1 being inserted in the Print dialog box From: & To: fields seems to be the approach. Can this be scripted? If not, options please.

Thanks.

L.

Sounds like the hard way to me. How about a printing script in FM that checks to see how many records are in the found set, then either aborts if there are too many or gives the user a message asking if they are sure they want to print this large of a report. Scripting can also check to make sure the find critera is completely filled out before allowing a find to be performed. -bd

Good suggestions. There will be times when printing reports that are one page to twenty-five will be legitimate. Printing the large number of input sheets, comprised of a full 8.5x11 sheet for each record, would not be good. The script I've written so far allows, via the message box, to tab & type a page number in the From:/To: fields & then print or the option is to print without dialog. I believe I can adapt your "found set" approach.

I will try this out...next week. I was just consripted to help out elsewhere. When I do get to try this, I will let you know how it turned out.

Thanks LiveOak.

L.

This topic is 8535 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.