Importing & delete

This topic is 8506 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I am importing data into filemaker using .txt this works fine matching current data and updating new records in my solution.

However, if when importing my data that is not found in the txt file but is found in my solution how can i get filemaker to check a box ( field ). The reason for this is i can still keep a record of the delete record that is being import, but not want to show it on my monitor screen ( e.g )

Regards,

Martin

quote:

Originally posted by partsgb.martinw:

Hi,

I am importing data into filemaker using .txt this works fine matching current data and updating new records in my solution.

However, if when importing my data that is not found in the txt file but is found in my solution how can i get filemaker to check a box ( field ). The reason for this is i can still keep a record of the delete record that is being import, but not want to show it on my monitor screen ( e.g )

You'll have to go about this in more of a round-about way. Start by marking the records that were imported. Then you can either use the Show Omitted or some other kind of find to show the records that were not part of the update/import. You can then do whatever with them.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

Hi Kurt,

Works fine, Many Thanks,

However another problem to this importing that i am doing is that when it imports the ordered date it is in the following format. " 00-10-28 " ( year,month,day ) would like it to appear as follows 28/10/00 ( day,month, year ) I have tried everything that i know to convert it to UK format. It does not like the "-" sign. Is there anything i else that i can do the do this conversion. I am think of a script with a loop to do all the importing records.......

Regards,

Martin

quote:

Hi Kurt,

Works fine, Many Thanks,

However another problem to this importing that i am doing is that when it imports the ordered date it is in the following format. " 00-10-28 " ( year,month,day ) would like it to appear as follows 28/10/00 ( day,month, year ) I have tried everything that i know to convert it to UK format. It does not like the "-" sign. Is there anything i else that i can do the do this conversion. I am think of a script with a loop to do all the importing records

Import the "date" into a text field and use a replace calculation on the actual date field as follows:

TextToDate ( Right (tempDate, 2) & "/" & Middle (tempDate, 4, 2) & "/" & Left (tempDate, 2) )

------------------

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

quote:

Originally posted by captkurt:

Import the "date" into a text field and use a replace calculation on the actual date field as follows:

TextToDate ( Right (tempDate, 2) & "/" & Middle (tempDate, 4, 2) & "/" & Left (tempDate, 2) )

Hi Kurt,

Works fine, however for some reason when converting it seems to pick up that the date was in the year 1900 instead of the year 2000. ( e.g ) 00-07-11 coverts to 11/07/1900. Is there anything i can add to your script
???
??
???
??
???
??

Regards, Martin

quote:

Works fine, however for some reason when converting it seems to pick up that the date was in the year 1900 instead of the year 2000. ( e.g ) 00-07-11 coverts to 11/07/1900. Is there anything i can add to your script

Try this version. Basically you need to tell the function that 00 is 2000.

TextToDate ( Right (tempDate, 2) & "/" & Middle (tempDate, 4, 2) & "/" & If ( Left (tempDate, 2) = "00", "2000", Left (tempDate, 2) )

------------------

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

quote:

Originally posted by captkurt:

Try this version. Basically you need to tell the function that 00 is 2000.

TextToDate ( Right (tempDate, 2) & "/" & Middle (tempDate, 4, 2) & "/" & If ( Left (tempDate, 2) = "00", "2000", Left (tempDate, 2) )

Hi Kurt,

That would work fine, however when this download is done in Jan 2001 there will be back orders for both the year 2000 and 2001. Can you think of anything else. I will look at this solution again today to see if i can somehow get around this.... Thanks for your continue support on this issue..

Regards,

Martin

This topic is 8506 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.