Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Closing graphic

This topic is 7284 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi List,

I'm not sure which forum to post this question to, so I'll start here, and if I need to be redirected please let me know.

When developing stand alone run time solutions I really HATE (yes, hate) the graphic that FMP displays upon closing the solution "created with FileMaker Pro" I don't mind giving Filemaker their well deserved Kudos, but it is not the last thing I want on my customers minds as they close one of my solutions. Is there a way to delete this? I have looked through the documentation exentsively and it either isn't there or I have missed it.

I have a set of custom developed DB's that I distribute unique versions of to many customers and I just don't want the fileMaker advertisement being the last thing they see when they close my soultions.

Any suggestions or help will be very much appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Hello Steve,

The closing graphic used to be optional with version 4, but from version 5 and on it is obligatory and this has generated a lot of discussion and controversy, with many folks sharing your view.

Because of the intensity of feeling, one might hope that FMI will reconsider their position, so we might hope to see some movement in the way this feature operates in future versions, but for now, I'm afraid you're stuck with it.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps you could write an external script (applescript) that draws your own graphic in the same location and stays active until the runtime solution fully quits.

Or perhaps someone could develop a plugin that does something similar.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This topic is 7284 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.