Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Media field - insert sound - what program is that?

Ano Nimus

This topic is 7430 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Brand new to Macs - I miss very basic knowledge. If I create a media field, then right-click (pardon, control-click) on that field, I can insert a sound. If I click that, a program opens. What program is that? Can I find it in the Applications somewhere? (This is Panther, by the way).

Thanks smile.gif

Ano Nimus:

If "a program opens" in OS X, then the name of the application appears to the right of the Apple symbol in the menu bar. This will tell you what has opened.

In OS 10.2, ctrl-click opens a menu, when clicking on a container field, and you can select which kind of media you wish to store in the container - QuickTime, Picture, Sound - but I haven't used Panther, so I can't say what might be different there. Perhaps you're using Windows terminology, and don't realize how much is done within the OS in the Macintosh system?

HTH

-Stanley

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about OSX, but on OS9 and earlier, there are a few of Quicktime applications such as Picture Viewer, and Quicktime Player that handle the display of media files. These may be embedded in the OSX system, but in OS8/9 they show up in the application menu when they run.

Actually, now that I think of it, when you go to insert a sound in a container field, a recorder pops up. This is a part of FileMaker. I've not used it in Panther, but in OS 9 and earlier versions of OSX, this is the normal behavior.

-Stanley

This topic is 7430 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.