fmp server speed in current hardware?

This topic is 7411 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

1. has anyone tried the speed of fm server in a condition of 75 connected user with a solution of 120 tables?. Under this condition is the the amount of memory ram a significant effect? 500 Mb or 1024 Mb?, Is hiperthreading intel processor similar or significantly slower in speed than xeon in terms of fm functionality?. Is opteron or itanium processor a important jump in speed in terms of FM server functionality?

I know the speed of the network, the speed of the hard disk and the speed of both side (client and server) are important elements in the whole context. However I am trying to balance the important of every element in a large network with 75 users and up. Has anyone balanced in % the impact of every element that affect the speed of the overall fm server system?

Probably the definitive answer is from FileMaker Inc in their "FileMaker Server Best Practices White Paper" document, found at http://www.filemaker.com/downloads/pdf/fms_best_practices.pdf

Very briefly it states that FMS performance depends primarily on the hard disk read/write speed, the network speed, and the speed at which the computer can get data from the disk to the network.

But don't take my word for it: read the paper yourself and decide.

This topic is 7411 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.