Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Exporting Question

This topic is 7412 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to use a program called streets on a disk. This is a mapping software package that constantly looks for a file called st32.txt in it's program directory. This file containes two lines the first line @address and the second line the address to search for. Now here is my problem. I have added a field in my database called @address taking care of the first line, and the data in this field is going to be the address to search for. The trouble starts when I try to export this information. Now understand that the st32.txt file only needs two lines like I stated above, so If I export using s .mer extention I will have the field name of @address and the field data of the address, but when I genereate this export I have " " surrounding the address data, the mapping program kicks this back out because it will not recognize the quotations.

Is there a way to export this information getting rid of the quotes?

If so, any assistance would be appriciated.

I just exported a "tab" text file, only 1 field, Address, 2 records, "@address" in the 1st record, an address in the 2nd record. Result:

@address

1728 Meade Ave.

You could just create a dummy record for the 1st line each time, Set "@address" in the Address field, then export with your other real Address record, and delete the dummy. Or leave it and Find it again every time. But only 1 field can be exported.

Have to Sort descending to get @address on top.

I guess I am going to have to find a way to find two records... 1st the @address record, and then the record I wish to export to themapping software, but how do you do this. I have looked over several functions including OMIT, but I giess I am just not understanding the process. Is there a way to just select two different records from within the database to export?

Thanks

Hi Abler,

You are only going to export one @address for this text file, right? I wouldn't mix one record with data of "@address" into your real data.

I think what Fenton is suggesting is that you use another file (Export) to hold your

This topic is 7412 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.