Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Creating a variable in a script

This topic is 8424 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am still woring on the jury pool script and I thank everyone who has helped. The number of potential jurors will vary from trial to trial. Is there a way to define a variable that represents the maximum number of jurors? Right now the closest is:

Exit Loop If ["TotalSelected = 100"] where 100 is the maximum number of jurors.

One way to do this is with a Global: The data would need to be available on each record.

GJurorsSelected [number]- increment this number in your script each time a juror is selected. [setField(GJurorSelected,(GJurorSelected +1)]

At the start of the loop, check to see if GJurorsSelected is >= 100:

If(GJurorSelected >= 100

Exit Script

I think you'll get the idea.

quote:

Originally posted by dykstrl:

One way to do this is with a Global: The data would need to be available on each record.

GJurorsSelected [number]- increment this number in your script each time a juror is selected. [setField(GJurorSelected,(GJurorSelected +1)]

At the start of the loop, check to see if GJurorsSelected is >= 100:

If(GJurorSelected >= 100

Exit Script

I think you'll get the idea.

Is there a way to let the user decide how big the juror pool will be. Sometimes the Clerk of Court will need a bigger or smaller pool and she needs to be able to decide the number (100, 200, 50, etc.). Is there a way for the user to select the number by putting her choice in a variable?

Maybe the easiest way would be to write at least 3 scripts (small, medium, & large) and use 50, 100, 200.

Thanks! I believe this will work. Is there an equivalent to the old EOF (end of file) command. I need this to stop the loop as well as the If(GJurorSelected >=100. The juror list is continually updated so the total number of records is always changing.

quote:

Originally posted by dykstrl:

Simply replace the "100" with another global field with type as number. The user could then enter however many they want.

Change this line >If(GJurorSelected >= 100< to read:

If(GJurorSelected >= gJurorsNeeded

Thanks! This will work fine. I very much appreciate the help.

quote:

Originally posted by BobWeaver:

Select the "Exit after last" option in the "Go to Record/Request [next]" step. Or you can add an "Exit Loop If (status(currentrecordnumber)=status(currentfoundcount))" step somewhere in the loop.

quote:

Originally posted by salberg:

Is there a way to let the user decide how big the juror pool will be. Sometimes the Clerk of Court will need a bigger or smaller pool and she needs to be able to decide the number (100, 200, 50, etc.). Is there a way for the user to select the number by putting her choice in a variable?

Maybe the easiest way would be to write at least 3 scripts (small, medium, & large) and use 50, 100, 200.

I have needed to provide a similar user-set cutoff, and used a Showmessage to offer the user 3 options, which I then use to set a global variable:

ShowMessage Buttons

"Value1","Value2","Value3"

If StatusCurrentMessageChoice = 1

SetField GField = Value1

If StatusCurrentMessageChoice = 2

SetField GField = Value2

If StatusCurrentMessageChoice = 3

SetField GField = Value3

etc...

This topic is 8424 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.