Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Inserting a customer's address in related file

RogerA

This topic is 7356 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have created a database of animal records linked to a database of customers using animal ID _ customer_id. No problems there. But how do I arrange to enter the customer id in the animals table and get a matching address appearing as a read-only field(s)? I know how to look-up individual fields from Customers.Would appreciate your help.

Many thanks

Roger

• 4 weeks later...
  • Newbies

I have an old G-4 400mgh running OS10.2. I've been having a real problem with getting FMP 6 to work on this particular computer. No matter what I do, once I've loaded FMP 6 on the system, the next I restart, it slows down dramatically, like about 90%. I've run Disk Warrior, increased the memory, and tried every trick in the book that I know, and nothing seems to work, except to keep it in Classic on 5.5. Anyone got any ideas.

RogerA said:I have created a database of animal records linked to a database of customers using animal ID _ customer_id. No problems there. But how do I arrange to enter the customer id in the animals table and get a matching address appearing as a read-only field(s)?
You just display the related fields on the layout, and either format them as merge fields, or you can use standard fields but set the field format option to not allow entry.

This topic is 7356 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.