I NEED HELP!!

This topic is 7351 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am new to FileMaker Pro and am creating a baseball statistics program for my baseball team (i am a high school coach). I had no problem at all creating individual players stats records with formulas that will automatically calculate batting average, earned run average, on base percentage, ect. What I would like to do but do not know how is combine the stats from each individual player's record and create a team statistics record. This has to be possible but I have tried and cannot figure out how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Without knowing exactly how you have set up your database, I can only give some general hints. You probably want to look at using sub-summary parts and summary fields on your layouts. Sub-summary parts will allow you to report averages of groups and subgroups quite easily. These will display only in preview mode or on printed reports. If you want to view these summary data in browse mode, you need to use things like the GetSummary() function and/or self join relationships and aggregate functions. Since you are new to FileMaker, I would stick to the sub-summary parts for now and see if that does what you want.

This topic is 7351 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.