FMS Hosted File Closes

fatson

This topic is 7371 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a problem that appears to be related to the FileMaker Server. I have a image database that is hosted on the Server. Users are accessing the file via Web Companion being hosted from a WinXP machine. About every 2 to 3 users is receiving an error that indicates "database not open". The Web Security database is being used for user management. I have made the changes to the database so the password for the web account has privileges to export the records. The database was moved from a FileMaker 5.5 on a Mac with the web companion enabled. Everything ran on the same machine with no server.

I have moved the database to FileMaker 6.04 with FileMaker Server 5.5 as the host. The server is running on Windows 2000 and users are accessing the system from WinXP, Win2K, and WinNT.

I removed the database from the server and hosted it from a WinXp workstation. The problem goes away.

Any suggestions what additional troubleshooting I can do?

Make sure that the password you are using to login to the DB hosted on the server has the option to disconnect from server when idle turned off. The server will disconnect the connection if it is idle for too long if that option is selected. It is selected by default. It may correct the problem you are having.

John

This topic is 7371 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.