Need Win help for solution working on mac

This topic is 8412 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello all. I have a ScriptMaker script that shoots off an AppleScript event to open a Photoshop file in Photoshop on the mac. My problem is that I need it to work on Windows machines also. I know that Win does not support Applescript, but does make DDE calls, but have not found enough documentation to start this quest of what to call and how. Or if there is another roundabout way of doing this I am all ears. Also...I have an AppleScript that copies the file(s), so if there is a solution to that one, I would appreciate it.

quote:

Originally posted by Jeff Horton:

Hello all. I have a ScriptMaker script that shoots off an AppleScript event to open a Photoshop file in Photoshop on the mac. My problem is that I need it to work on Windows machines also. I know that Win does not support Applescript, but does make DDE calls, but have not found enough documentation to start this quest of what to call and how. Or if there is another roundabout way of doing this I am all ears. Also...I have an AppleScript that copies the file(s), so if there is a solution to that one, I would appreciate it.

Use WinBatch. It is a pretty close approximation of the capabilities of AppleScript. DDE is pretty arcane and does not work with all apps.

This topic is 8412 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.