Number Scripting

This topic is 8397 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a script which searches for an employee and a date range (the work week). This script also sorts that found set and has a sub-summary which sub-totals the total number of hours worked by day for the found employee. I am having a tough time trying to figure out how to add additional calculations once that sub-total for each day is found. These employees are paid on a per-day overtime basis. I am able to extract this information and perform these calculations to another database which just show totals but I would like to have this done in the original database. Is there a way to calculate the per day overtime charges and show them in the same area as the sub-total?

As a matter of fact I have and it works somewhat.... I am still trying to figure out how to get the summary to show and print in the preview mode without inserting that data into every record in the sub-set and to total in a grand summary area.

Is there a way to go to the last record in each sub-set and populate that record with the GetSummary data? smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by stac_1:

Is there a way to go to the last record in each sub-set and populate that record with the GetSummary data?
smile.gif" border="0

Sure, just answer this question: What is the last record in each subset and what fields will be used to store the get summary data?

Okay, the last record in the sub-set is the highest serial number (because I sort each record in the whole found set by serial number) - the field is used to hold the Get Summary information is a field called "straight"... by using the getsummary function, I am able to get the summary of a sub-set.... what function is used to enter this data in the last record of the sub-set?

Insert Calculated result inserts the data in the current record, how do I get to the last record of the sub-set?

[ April 24, 2001: Message edited by: stac_1 ]

This topic is 8397 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.