Resizing Window and other interface questions

pmconaway

This topic is 7364 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

All the databases that I have developed in the past. I've always made it look like you were looking at one layout. The window from the user standpoint looks like another tab was chosen but it appears that you still looking at the same page. Programmatically they are looking at another layout. Well I've come up with this idea to create a pop-up with a related database. Programatically bring the related database window forward and then allow the user to enter information an then hide the window when they are through with the information on the related database. My question is can I programmatically resize the database window? If so how? Also can I move the position of the around the monitor? So it doesn't hide information on the main database. Any help is appreciated.

Paul

You can't specify a location for the window (at least not in 6, I don't know if they've added it for 7 -- hope hope). Anyway, you can resize a window by using the toggle window [Zoom] script command. t'll size to whatever's on the layout. You might want to make some invisible boxes or text (a space character is sufficient), put it in the lower right corner of the layout to ensure a margin so fields and buttons aren't bumped right up to the edge.

Jeff

This topic is 7364 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.