New to Filemaker Solution Framework questions

fx2ooo

This topic is 7351 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I was a beginner filemaker back at 4.1, and have just come back for a client tracking/invoicing solution using 5.5 pro under OSX. I'm finding my way around the Filemaker Solution Framework, which seems like it should do everything I want, but I have a few questions.

First, I'm currently working in Norway and need to print my invoices on a pre-printed form (GIRO F60-1 if anyone is familiar with it). In the print preview of FSF I can see that the layout will need to be modified so the fields line up properly on the form, but I can find no way to modify the printing layout. How do I do this?

Second, not really a layout question but, where should I look to find a solution for creating a quote, then (with the click of a button hopefully) turn it into an invoice. Can I somehow add this to FSF?

Third, sort of a layout question, has anyone modified the 'skin' of FSF to be less Windoze? Would love to use a more OSX looking interface.

If I'm just in the wrong forum altogether just let me know and I'll pack my things.

Thanks for any help,

Adam

Hi Adam,

An alarm went off when you mentioned "Solution Framework" as there wasis a problem with the Invoice file. Before you go to far modifying this solution, you might want to read this thread and download the file attached to Helpful Harry's posts. Click here and go to the4th post from the bottom.

HTH

Lee

Adam:

To modify the print layout of invoices in the Filemaker Solution Framework, go to the LineItems database, enter layout mode, then you can pick the right layout - there are two invoices (I think they are Service Invoice and Batch Invoice or something like that.) That's where the actual printing is done, and the layouts are modifiable.

-Stanley

Lee,

Thanks a mil. for that heads up. I thought something didn't look right there, but hadn't had a closer look yet. Sure enough my file had the same mistake, and I've downloaded the fix. You saved me some headaches there.

Stanley,

That's what I was looking for, thanks.

Adam

This topic is 7351 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.