Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Exporting part of a record from a portal

dknc

This topic is 7351 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

You'll need to have a unique record ID for every record in the related file, a global in the main file, and a relationship from the main file that's based on the global and the related file's record ID.

Your button will set the global with the record ID of the related record which corresponds to the portal row that you clicked, then you'll have a Go To Related Record (show) script step that isolates the record that is based on the global-to-rec ID relationship, then you'll call the import script the 3rd file that imports the isolated record from the related record.

Well, I wish to save the data entered in one database, not only there, but also partly in another database.

For example, when a person has a test done, I wish to save the results in the database for that specific test category and also in a separate "Alltests" database. The latter could be searched independently. This allows me to keep more extensive data in a variety of databases dedicated to certain test categories, while also producing a smaller, simpler "Alltests" database that can be searched more easily and quickly. This "Alltests" database would include fields for:

1-an identifier for each person

2-a test date

3-a test category

4-test result summary

Field number 4 would be produced in the original database using a calculated field.

I would hope to copy or export or post the above data from the original database to the "Alltests" database as data entry for each record was finished.

Dan

Version: v6.x

Platform: Windows 95/98

This topic is 7351 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.