Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Can't share with FM7 Trial version

This topic is 7346 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just downloaded the demo and opened the primary file of a multi-file web-shared solution built in FM6. I use the Web Companion to share the file(s) and all works well.

But when I opened the primary file in 7 and had the file recreated as an FM7 file, and tried to share it, I can't. I first went to Sharing-->Instant Web Publishing and tried to simply turn it on. I am asked for my Admin Password, which I insert, and then get a long Spinning Disc. At the end I am told:

"Filemaker cannot share files over the Web because Instant Web Publishing cannot be started" (a very descriptive dialog, I might add tongue.gif )

Anyway, as it doesn't tell me anything about why it can't start Instant Web Publishing, I am stuck. When I start up FM6, all the files are shared using the Web Companion just fine. (I have a static IP, BTW).

Version: v7.x

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

If you still have the web companion (FM6) running when you try to start IWP in 7 it won't work since both are trying to use port 80. This is true if you have any other web server running on port 80 as well.

Version: v7.x

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

Okay. I've had a chance to try the above suggestions. I have repaired all permissions (although I do that regularly anyway) and rebooted, and made sure that I ran FM7 first. As well, even when FM6 is running, I make sure the Web Companion is never set to port 80, but to 49152.

In any case, I have made sure it is not running when I start FM7 and still can't get Instant Web Publishing to start, and still just get the same lame dialog (which tells me absolutely nothing about what's happening).

All My Best,

Jeffrey

This topic is 7346 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.