Recreate Complex Solution to v7

This topic is 7373 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a FM solution created in v 2.x that has grown to a very complex 12 file solution. With FM7, I have decided to recreate the solution instead of porting to take advantage of the new features, rid of some very old structure/fields/scripts no long needed, and because I am suspicious that one of my files may be corrupted.

Can I import data definitions into new tables from old files to save on some typing? In previous versions importing scripts was supported and I imagine still is, but is this safe with the question of a file that could be corrupted? Could file layouts that are copied and pasted into the new file be subject to bringing any corruption over?

THANKS

Version: v5.x

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

First, please see the info at:

http://www.filemaker.com/upgrade/techbriefs.html

Second, please see the info on the Robot tool at:

http://www.newmillennium.com

Don't copy laoutout object if you suspect corruption.

Third, before converting your old solution, spend some time becoming familiar with the core absics of FMP 7. You'll be happy you did.

Steven

Thanks for the tip, I will anxiously await the Robot. Fortunately I ordered Developer 7 to start with, hopefully will be Mac and Windoze versions to use the Robot prior to Mac version release.

I agree with learning FM7 prior to starting. My overall plan is to read and play with the new version for about a month, database design for two months and then four months programming/debugging...

This topic is 7373 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.