Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Is FileMaker Pro 6 compatible with FMP Server 5.0?

This topic is 7251 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm working on upgrading to FMP 6 however we only have FMPServer 5. I can see the server files in FMP 6 however I'm not sure what I need to administer them. In 5 I loaded the Server Administration Plugin that would allow me to work directly with the files. I can not find something similiar to this for 6. When I open the files I see a message Server Administration Plugin not Installed! Can anyone assist with this issue?

Version: v6.x

Platform: Windows XP

• 2 months later...

You can use FMP6 files with Server 5. The admin plugin is on the Server CD, it does not get installed with FileMaker Pro by default. You need to install it from the server CD (or copy it from another machine).

Even if you load the plug-in from the server 5 CD in my experience the plug-in is not available to FMP 6. Following the same process of loading the plug-in using FMP 5.5 it works just fine. I also have not found a solution to this. Based on previous posts it has been an unanswered issued before.

• Newbies

Hi,

I have Server 5 and am using Developer 6 (upgraded from 5). I located the required plugin on one of my other computers that had a working install of FMPro 5.5, installed it into the plugins directory of my Developer 6 machine and it works just fine. It needs to be activated (checked) in the application preferences once installed though.

• Newbies

Same Problem...

Connecting via Remote Admin is OK - I can see information. Under OS X (10.2.8) and FMP 6 (6.0v4) the Remote Admin window reports that the plug-in, Server Administration X (5.5v1), is the incorrect version, when connected to my Server 5 (5.0v2).

I found the extension 'Server Administration X' (5.5v1) on a Server 5.5 install CD.

--dm

This topic is 7251 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.