Which software or both?

This topic is 7340 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

We previously had filemaker pro 6 and now need the functionality of filemaker developer and so have just received filemaker developer 7.

However, my boss has also bought the upgrade of filemaker pro - is this really necessary - could we have upgraded from pro 6 to developer 7?

Thanks

Emma

Hi Emma,

FileMaker Developer 7 is a functional superset of Pro 7, so if the licenses are both for the same user you do not need both.

If you have multiple users, in most cases they would use Pro 7, and you (or your principal developer) would use Developer 7.

I don't believe there is an upgrade path from Pro to Developer. Check http://store.filemaker.com for more information.

Thx,

Andrew

So.. a question.. I have FMPro 6 and Developer 5. I'm just about to dust off the credit card to order FMPro 7 and Developer 7, can I jsut order Developer 7 and get a fully functional verison of 7 that I can also act as a client/guest?

My confustion comes from my Developer 5 just seems toact as a binding application and my developement actually has to occur in FMPro 6. I was thinking that Developer 7 would only be the developer functons and I would still need FMPro 7.

This topic is 7340 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.