Global formatting of text styles???

This topic is 7321 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

My company has been using a database for over 5 years now. It is a very simple database used to print labels onto pre-formatted sheets of paper from matching layouts. Until two weeks ago, the database worked perfectly where there is a main page with a field (text_field) and you can type information, set the style of the text (bold or wwhatever) and the size and font and then click on the type of label you want to print (vhs or dvd, etc.) and it would keep those style choices.

Unfortunatly two weeks ago, for no known reason, the database will no longer perform this necessary function. Any styles chosen on the main page are not carried over and all our formatting of labels is coming out incorrect.

I have taken a look at the database and it is very simple. Text field is on the main page and then when you look onto other layouts (vhs, dvd) the text field is jusst placed in different spots. Only one modifiable field in the whole database.

We need to get the database to go back the way it was and allow user style manipulations on the main page before entering the layout pages (the fields are unmodifiable here and i can chhange that but it's not a solution since most people using this database are pretty computer illiterate and wuldn't understand doing it on a seperate page, also, we have freelancers in all the time and i cannot be bothered to teach them how to use the database).

Please help!!!

Version: v6.x

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

This topic is 7321 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.