Using set field is it possible to send input ?

This topic is 7336 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

I would like to write a set field or insert calculated result script to send data to populate a whole group of fields. Is this possible? If I have fields named q1, q2, etc and I want to send the data "chair" lawnmower" respectively.

Is it like q1="Chair" , q2="lawnmower"

I am not sure how to write this.

Thanks

STan

Version: v6.x

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

If I'm understanding your question, and I'm not sure that I am. You want to replace the content of a select group of records (can be 1 to all of the records) with what ever is in the fields q1 with chair, and q2 with lawnmore. They can be blank now.

The easiest way to do this is using the Replace Contents in the Menu - Records - Replace Contents (Cmd = on a Mac)

Find the records you want to apply the change to.

Change the field q1 in first record (leave your cursor there), Go to the Replace Contents, you will see something like this in the menu:

Permanently replace the contents of the field "q1" in

the 2 records of the current found set?

Replace with "Chair" (with the radio button already filled in)

hit the Replace button at the bottom.

Now repeat the process for q2, find the records you want to change, type in lownmower, etc.

If this is going to be a often need for these two fields, then let us know and we'll show you how to do a script.

HTH

Lee

Thank you for your answer.

I am just really trying to find out if I can write some kind of calculation to put "this" in "that " field. Sometimes it is easier to write a calculation then to keep choosing fields. That is what I am really trying to do.

STan

This topic is 7336 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.