Windows 2000 Server & FM Server 5 & Wireless

This topic is 7323 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have setup a Windows 2000 Server and installed FMServer 5. I have a Linksys Wireless-B access point hanging off the W2k server and two Windows Desktop PC's with Linksys Wireless-B USB Network Adapters. The desktops and the W2k server see each other. I can ping and share files/printers. I have FileMaker Pro 5.5 installed on the desktops. When I try to access the server files by clicking Host the files don't apprear. I have tried entering the IP address of the server but get the same results. Both the desktop computers have NIC's. The onboard NIC's are attached to a Netopia DSL modem for Internet access. I have the Internet connection and the wireless connection on different IP networks. DSL = 192.168.1.xxx Wireless = 192.168.2.xxx Could this be the problem with FileMaker client seeing the hosted databases?

Brooke

Version: Server v5

Platform: Windows XP

• 2 weeks later...

the might be masked by a router. this is a common problem. try to run it through http://localhost

I think that is it... the help files will give the exact way to do this. DSL modems usually use a bridge which masks the IP. That is all I know.

The hosts and files that show up in the hosts window are local hosts only - they are on the same network as the client. Depending on how the hubs and routers are configured, they may even need to be on the same subnet to be seen.

You will probably have to specify the IP address of the server to have it show up in the list.

This topic is 7323 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.