License Error

This topic is 7361 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Although I'm sitting at a stand-alone XP (with cable modem) after converting a mult-file solution, I received the "exceeded license" error message and FM7 quits! when I try to open one of the files. The other 5 files open just fine.

I still have Dev5 installed--could that be it? I've tried converting the single file, and still get the message. So, right now I've gotten 95% of the solution converted! (BTW it looks awful, but you knew that).

Any ideas as to why I'm exceeding the license? I'm totally legit in the install, of course. Brand new dev7 package.

Version: Developer v7

Platform: Windows XP

Yes! One machine. WinXP Pro and FMDev7. The odd thing is that FM7 is launched with 3 other files from this solution open which had converted with no problems, and when I try to open this addtl solution file (which supposedly converted just fine), I get the license error message and dev7 quits! Agh! I'm going to try converting this single file, but first deleting all the records. Perhaps, it's a corrupt record?

I can confirm this error on (FMDev7 and MacOS X 10.3.3 dual 1GHz G4) I completely disconnected from the network and disabled all startup items in your file. Then I tried it on my laptop (after disconnecting from the network) and got the same problem. (10.3.2 and FMDev7 ibook 500)

Thank you thank you thank you. I really thought I was losing it. I'm not very confident in 7's stability. Between the poor font display and this error, I certainly won't be releasing any solutions to customers until the first update.

OK, update for anyone interested. I deleted all the scripts and still had the problem as soon as I tried to switch layouts. So, I started again. I deleted all the relationships, and it worked (w/scripts intact).

Here's what may have happened. I used this set of files for a previous customer. From some messages, there are buried in these files links to ghost files. Although I've checked every script, relationship and field def, one showed up in define database table graph.

However, in the conversion log, FM7 mentions deleting the file references.

Who knows? I'm happy to be in 7, but treading very lightly.

This topic is 7361 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.