This topic is 7327 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

In a order entry file I have lookups set to the stock number field.

If their is no match I would like for the lookup file to open and go to the nearest match and allow me to either copy and past it back to the org. file or enter a new number.

thanks

Version: v6.x

Platform: Windows 2000

HI,

Keep in mind a lookup is based on a Relationship, which must match exactly for the lookup to take place. Maybe one of the gurus here can help. The only thing I can think of is to categorize your stock using another field. Then join the stock# field and the new category field and base your relationship on this new joined field. Then create another relationship based on Category only. At least this way if it does not find a match you can go to related records based on a relationship on the category field only. HTH

Michael

There is an option in a lookup to get the next highest or the next lowest value. One or the other not the necessarly the nearest. This is handy for some things but I don't think I would use for a stock number.

As an alternate consider a calculated field that produces a list of stock numbers from 10 less than the number entered to 10 higher. Use this as a key to the lookup file stock numbers and display the results in a portal.

This topic is 7327 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.