Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Quicktime video error OLE {ox80040007}

This topic is 7333 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

"I am not unemployed, I am a consultant" (from one of the members). I created a FM db to run from CD. There is a button to play a quicktime video to show how to install a tire chain on a vehicle. It was working fine and then it abruptly stopped working. The error my client got was - Packager not responding with the OLE {ox80040007}. Any ideas?

Version: Developer v6

Platform: Windows XP

try updating your quicktime player/IE integration.....

depents on the format of file and file associations...it could be a conflict of applications used to play ".mov" files

What is the script on the button?

OPEN url would work if the files are associated correctly....it also could have been a new service pack applied on WinXP.....basically check for change to the system.

HTH

good luck!

you might also look at:

http://mostarnet.com/tutorials/filemaker/FMembeded.zip

-this sample deals with MS Words docs......it is stricly about windows and its objects being emebeded into FM (manually vs. premade objects such as "Insert Image/Adobe this or that"!)...it might be worth the reading! try using that technique to insert your files into container fields and then test your script...HTH

BTW: if u store your files in container as "reference only" u can also use "OPEN url //server/file.mov" which would trigger the default application to open the file....

Take care!

This topic is 7333 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.