Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Secure Logon Template a little more secure now.

This topic is 7325 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Thanks to Bob for cracking version one which contained cleartext passwords.

Here's version two for those of you stuck using FM 3,4 and 5. This is a little more secure than the previous version. - i had uploaded version 2 but i forgot to set the usernames and passwords, so here is version 2.1 all fixed.

Username: steve

Passwod: secret -- full access

Username: guest

Password guest -- limited access

Bob, I'll pay you $50 if you can give me the third records username and password smile.gif Would you mind telling me how you managed to establish a relationship to the locked file? I am gobsmacked as to how you did that. You da' guru smile.gif

Thanks again

Q

Version: Developer v7

Platform: Windows XP

V2.1.zip

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm confused here.

What exactly is the purpose of your exercise? Is it to crack into the Sign On file? Or is it to crack into the solution?

I thought that a log on system was to keep unauthorized people out of your data, and to keep authorized users from doing things they shouldn't (like delete data).

A hacker is not concerned about what type of security is used - they look for ways AROUND it and get into the data.

It only took me 5 minutes to establish a relationship to the Personnel Records file, delete all of the passwords, remove all of the hooks to the plugins in the open script, new and delete records. That was too easy.

This topic is 7325 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.