Close window dosen't execute script.

This topic is 7358 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

It seems the only script that runs is the very last window open. via the File Preferences.

There is no way to close a window with the CLOSE or [X} and perform a cleanup script.

Version: v7.x

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

OAM alluded that FMP 7's startup and shutdown scripts functions differently. I've determined that the startup script is called when the *first* window is opened -- when the file is opened -- and the shutdown script is called when the *last* window is closed -- which is when the file is closed.

Another case where the new file/table structure will require developers to re-align their thinking.

Perhaps there needs to be "On_New_Window_Open" and "On_Window_Close" handles to call scripts. Or maybe with a change of thinking they aren't even necessary?

Vaughan said:

Perhaps there needs to be "On_New_Window_Open" and "On_Window_Close" handles to call scripts. Or maybe with a change of thinking they aren't even necessary?

I would agree with you on this that these calls are needed. But to make the unnecessary would me you create your own exit button but then it would be requirement for the developer to turn off the window control buttons for that matter allow the ability to disable the scroll bars and even the FMP functions in the lower left.

SD

Version: v7.x

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

This topic is 7358 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.