This topic is 6671 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I made a post about Opener files in the "Articles Tips Tricks and Techniques" form some time ago. The explanation and subsequent discussion is still relevant and can be found here.

This post contains a sample Opener file for FMP 7 that I've used for some time now and have found robust and reliable. it has no password so feel free to use and learn from it.

Version: v7.x

Platform: Mac OS X Jaguar

Opener.zip

• 1 month later...

Hi Vaughan, Since I seem to be only one posting this I must be only one with this problem. Each time I run the opener file I get a message telling my file is using different setting to the system.

I am not sure if this is related but

It may be the opener file that has the different setting.

Open the opener file with the Shift key down (to disable the startup script) the choose File Options... from the File menu.

I just checked: guests can still access the File Options command of hosted files (at least with FMS 7).

It sounds like a password/access issue. Make sure the hosted file is being opened with a full access passsword.

Vaughan said:

It may be the opener file that has the different setting.

Thanks Vaughan. Sorry to be a pain but It opens fine but I still get the "system settings" alert (see attachment) as it opens. it doesnt make any difference if I change the option in formats or delete the use system format in the script

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Vaughan,

Thank you very much, it saved me quite a few headaches .

I had the same issue with the date & time. If you go to File Options/Text, there is a place to force the file to use System Settings for Date and Time.

Works like a champ.

Dan

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.