Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Navigation Bar

kkauker

This topic is 7336 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

With FMP 7.0 in hand, I'm updating my department (Media Services) database from 4.0.

We keep multiple files open for diffent scheduling and equipment allocation forms. There are usually three or four open at one time and we need to go back and forth between the files. (I hope this makes sense)

I was wondering if I could make a navigation bar that would stay on the screen and always be available to take the user to any of the files that are open.

I'm starting to plan out the new databases and would like to work this in somehow. I have a lot to learn about the new 7 version, I just got the hang of 4.

Thanks for any help,

Kris Kauker

FileMaker Version: 7

Platform: Windows 2000

Sure...

If you move them all to one DB with multi-tables in 7:

Create a "Main Layout" that is compacted to, lets say, 200 pixels and hide the status area... In the start up script, set the window location to a specific hieght and position it at 0 pixels from top and 0 pixels from left... Then have the buttons open new windows that go to the corresponding layouts and position the windows at 0 pixels from top, and 205 pixels from left.

If you're going to stick with multi-db's, you can still accomplish the same thing but i believe you will need to put the Window Positioning / Size step in a script in the respective database...

That's kinda vague but that's the general idea of it... make sense?

This topic is 7336 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.