Copy a portal content to another

Dozer

This topic is 7182 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I have 2 different databases. One that I use for official orders and the other for quotations. I was able to create a script to import the content of a quote to an actual order using serial numbers but when it comes to portal informations, I only get the first line of the quote portal into my order.

How do I get my order to import the info of the portals other lines?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

FileMaker Version: 6

Platform: Windows XP

• Newbies

Hi,

through hours of testing I finally found a way to get it done. I have two different databases (a and : wich have theire own related records. I wanted to be able to copy specific data from portal in database "a" to portal in database "b". What I ended up doing is having the same related records file for both of the databases and through a "perform search" and a loop for found records command I was able to to set the field from one relationship to the other. It's a little hard to explain but thanks for reading me. My only problem now is that I have to use the clipboard to initiate the search so every time I use the script, I loose the info in my clipboard.

Dozer

Try pasting into a global container field before running the rest of the steps. Then copy the contents when finished. You won't lose the clipboard info.

Or don't use copy/paste at all, and instead set related global fields with the data to be transferred.

• 3 months later...

This topic is 7182 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.