Unrelated Tables

This topic is 7348 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

When I call My Films DB I can no longer see the fields content. I read <unrelated table>. I

In the Finder the file is 6 MB so all the data should be still there, but I am not able to see it at all.

Opening Database>Fields, all the fields are there: all the text, number and date, although they don't appear in the browse mode, while the calculation fields don't work anymore as the "table" got either corrupted or I don't know what.

I can't export anything either as the Export command is not available. I created other tables but they contain no fields. I am lost.

How can I get this file to work again?

FileMaker Version: 7

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

It sounds like you may have deleted the table occurence from the graph. You can go there and make a new occurence with the "add table" thing in the lower left. It will let you choose from any of the "base" tables in this file, which is where your data must be.

Then, go to Layout Setup, and change your layout to use this new table occurence.

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much, however It did work around your suggestions, I had to rename the table back to the original Database name to be able to connect the field-names in the layouts I had ( I have vary many): and I don' recall trashing the table ever ... but memory might be misleading

Thanks from Taiwan

This topic is 7348 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.