Drop down lists

This topic is 7348 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Here are a couple of issues i have with ver.7 list boxes.

First

Has anyone noticed a subtle (but anoying)change in the way drop down lists work in ver.7 compared to ver.6 and before?

When I tab into a firld formated as a drop down list I used to be able to press the "down arrow" and get the first item highlited on the list then I just hit enter and the item was placed inthe field.

In ver.7 although nothing appears to be highlited when I tab into the field by preessing the "down arrow" as before I now get the 2nd item highlited. Although not insurrmountable problem it is annoying. What I would really like is to tab into the field and have the first item already highlited and then just press enter. Is there a way to do this - I have tried formatting the field to sdelect entire contents from the field behaviour menu. Still no good.

Second

The 2nd issue is that list boxes start off displaying immediately I tab into the field but if the layout contains five or six such fields formatted as list boxes then by the time I get to the last two there is an appreciable delay (say 1/4 to 1/2 sec) before the list items appear. This again is simply annoying and appears vey unprofessional.

Does anyone else see these problems? I am hoping someone might be able to tell me I am missing something.

FileMaker Version: Dev 7

Platform: Windows XP

I have just checked the behavior of my solutions popup lists and the seem the same as v6. When I tab into the field, the list promptly appears. If I press the down arrow the first option in the list is highlighted. Was your database converted from v6? Could your list that the popup uses be the problem? Are the values for the list custom entered or from a field?

If you would like to automatically select the first option from the list, why not define the field with an Auto-Enter option.

I have not noticed any appreciable delay. My list is from another database of 1600 names and seems to present it much faster than v6, but I have not been able to test fully as still running on a single fast machine.

This topic is 7348 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.