Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Option Key on FMPro 6v4 on Panther (10.3.3)

This topic is 7328 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We're starting to move some Mac clients from 9 to 10. I just saw a case where the option key does not bring up the password dialog! Anyone else seen this? Anyone have a fix? FileMaker's site doesn't mention it (that I could find, anyway).

Thanks,

Jeff

FileMaker Version: 6

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

What version of X are they using? I believe there were problems in some earlier versions (couldn't launch a file the first time by double-clicking, the password dialog didn't come up, etc.). As we are all running 10.3.3 apparently, we're not going to see it. If they're on 10.2, they should be using 10.2.8, which I think was fine. If they're using 10.1x, I really couldn't say, but they'd be better off upgrading.

They're running 10.3.3. Also, upon quitting and restarting filemaker the glitch seemed to fix itself ... for now. It's not a keyboard problem; while it wasn't working in filemaker I opened up a word document and was able to use the option key to type out a few funky characters. With any luck, it's fixed in 7. Though if it happens again I'd like to try to use the option key while IN the database to see if it's a problem throughout the app or just at startup.

Thanks,

Jeff

This topic is 7328 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.