Multiple Tables into 1 file from mulitple files?

This topic is 7244 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I don't know if I am missing something, but I cannot seem to find any method for converting a fp6 multi-file db solution into a fp7 single file one. Does anyone know if this can be done, and how? If it is not possible with FM7 without a thirdparty plugin then I consider this a major omission on the part of the team at FM. ("now you can store all your tables in one file", but oh! you can only do this by recreating your solution all over again. ?!* ).

And while I am at it, there also does not appear to be any way of duplicating a table within a single file FP7 db solution either. I use a number of basic fields in a "template" table, but to build this in FM7 I will have to create a template file with many, manually defined tables, and fields, ...great!#*

FileMaker Version: 7

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't look for FMPro Migrator to be the answer. IF you are going to recreate all your scripts, no problem. If you want to use the same scripts, just pointed to a different file, this won't work. The field numbers of each field go off of creation date. So, if you deleted a few fields along the way, your scripts won't match.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 7244 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.