Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Refreshing Portal without clicking off screen

mattlight

This topic is 7316 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi guys/gals,

I hope you're all doing well. I have a question that doesn't really matter but would be nice.

If you have a button in a portal row to Set Field [whatever] to a value that will then switch the portal row relationship to another, you have to click out of the portal and almost off screen before it refreshes both portal windows.

Is there something I can add to my script which will refresh the window without having to do this? I tried adding in REFRESH WINDOW but that seems to be for something different.

Also, one more thing - in FM7 you can have multi windows. They are independant from each other - if i scroll through records in one window, the other window remains static. Is there a way of syncing them up if they are both viwing the same database?

Sorry, I know it's two unrelated problems - hopefully trivial enough to not require their own forum.

I have done a search of the FM Forums but to no avail

Thanks for all your help

FileMaker Version: 7

Platform: Windows XP

It might be better to switch to Find Mode, if there are any calculations or summaries on the layout. Switching to Preview Mode may take more time in that case.

This topic is 7316 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.