FM 5.5 Server Running, But Nothing Comes Up

This topic is 7313 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi, I am running FMPro Server 5.5 on a Windows 2000 machine. I want to be able to access the database remotely via the web. I set up the server and it is currently running under services. I had it working to the point where when I typed the servers ip and port 81, it came up, but without the database that was created. Now, after resetting it up, it doesn't come up at all. Any ideas? Or know of any tutorials that could help me out?

All help is appreciated!

Thank You,

Ryan

FileMaker Version: 5

Platform: Windows 2000

If you are trying to access the server files via a browser, you need another machine running FileMaker Unlimited to serve the files via the Web Companion.

If you are talking about connecting to a hosted file on the server via FMPRO over the internet, it will work. You cannot, however change the IP port of the server.

• Newbies

dykstrl said:

If you are talking about connecting to a hosted file on the server via FMPRO over the internet, it will work. You cannot, however change the IP port of the server.

That is what I am trying to do. However, I don't want to change the IP port. The problem is connecting to the hosted file on the server.

This topic is 7313 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.