Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Want to Buy FM Pro Developer Best Price

alkhall

This topic is 7304 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I want to buy a copy of FM Pro Developer for the best price. I have Ver 4. Can not find CD, and have crashed my Windows machine's hard drive. Still have it loaded on my Mac iBook, but need to produce a product slide show on the Windows machine. 806/236-6632

FileMaker Version: 6

Platform: Mac OS 9

If you're looking for an earlier version, I suggest you check eBay. There is frequently a selection of software titles available and FileMaker is sometimes among them.

Technically, under the license terms, the original owner of a FileMaker application can transfer ownership to another person, but only if they have deleted all copies and haven't used the copy as the basis of an upgrade to a later version. So technically used software may be legally sold.

However it may not be easy to satisfy yourself that the conditions for sale have been met - for which reason it is best to look out for the copies which go up for auction from time to time which are still shrink wrapped - though they tend to be a bit pricier.

FileMaker Version: Dev 7

CobaltSky said:

Technically, under the license terms, the original owner of a FileMaker application can transfer ownership to another person, but only if they have deleted all copies and haven't used the copy as the basis of an upgrade to a later version. So technically used software may be legally sold.

so, if i hava a VLA license with 5 copy, can i sold to different person just like 2 copy to A and 3 copy to B.

Regards,

Henry

I don't believe so, Henry. You might like to check the documentation that came with your particular volume set - or check with FMI directly if you are in any doubt, but everything I've seen seems to indicate that this would not be permissable within the terms of a volume license.

This topic is 7304 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.