Windowing issues on a PC, developed on Mac OSX

This topic is 7308 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a solution, written in Developer 7, that uses the new windowing scripts. On a Mac, the windowing is perfect, but on a PC, when a script places me in a new window, the window in the background looses it's maximization, and the Windows border shows. This makes the solution look awful. Has anyone seen this, and how can I work around this issue. I have tried the "Freeze Window" script step, but to no avail. Any thoughts would be warmly received.

FileMaker Version: Dev 7

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

Windows either operate in 'window' mode or maximized - there is no middle ground - it's all or nothing. If you create a new window, it will always put your back window into window mode also. I no longer use maximized but instead script size & placement of the various windows. This produces a consistent interface and doesn't look as freaky.

Ditto for me: all maximised, or none.

One thing I have found is that the text ruler is 22 px in Mac OS X and 24 px in Windows 2000. In MacOS X the Resize Window script step ignores the text ruler and makes the window too small. Have not checked it yet in Windows.

Because of how maximizing works in Windows, I "resize to fit" all of my windows. As much as I prefer maximizing, I've noticed it's a much harder thing to control with end-users: many like to move their windows around, or not maximize the the FileMaker application window, or open other FileMaker files that don't maximize and end up throwing the whole thing off.

This topic is 7308 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.