Emailing from FM Pro6

This topic is 7306 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've created a database using the company version of Pro6, and can't work out how to e-mail a record!

I've been printing out copies of the records to send to people, and would like to be able to email a copy of the record, with all the field names and with the same layout. I've tried copying the record and pasting to word & outlook, but can't see how to retain the field names and layout.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks, Derek

FileMaker Version: 6

Platform: Windows 2000

You will need the full version of adobe acrobat, not just acrobat reader.

The full version installs 'Adobe PDF Writer' as a printer in the printers folder, alongside your other printers.

Another option would be to take a screen grab of the current database page, then attach that image to an e-mail - though this is fiddly to have to do on a regular basis.

Without being able to print the current page to PDF and attach it, then I can't really think of anything else to help you.

Another option would be to create a a text calculation field that reflects the contents of the fields you want to send. Then use that field as the body of the email. You don't get any fancy layout formatting, but all the information will be sent to the recipient with no attachment required.

Or you could get an smtp plugin and send <shudder>HTML email</shudder>

If your at work, chances are you have MS Office installed. I'm not sure which version of office this feature started with, but before you purchase Acrobat or the equivilent check to see if "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" is in your list of printers. This will print an image of your layout similar to what Acrobat would do.

This means the people receiving the email will need the appropriate version of office to view the file, but seems worth looking into before spending.

I love pdf995. Does a great job.

An alternative is to just use the Copy script step; if you don't specify anything to copy, it copies the screen. You could then paste that into a global field and email the contents of that field.

J

FileMaker Version: 6

Platform: Windows 95/98

This topic is 7306 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.