This topic is 7272 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have been rolling up my sleeves with FX and FMP6 and have made some good headway. I am ready to webify.

However, I wonder how FX works with FX7. Using FX with v6, there is a requirement to name a server, a port, and a file for each query. However, with v7, our former many-file systems might be rolled over into a single file. So the questions are: Is FX v7-ready, and if so, how does one reference a specific table?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide?

DSW

• Newbies

Yes, FX.php will work with version 7 of FileMaker. However, as has been already noted, this will require Server Advanced (note that FM lists a special deal on their website -- even though FM7SA is not yet available -- $999 for SA and a copy of FM7 for FMU6 owners.)

As for how to reference a table, this will depend on the layout used. When a layout is created in FM7, you also specify which table FM is to use for that layout. HTH

HOLY SMOKES!!! Chris Hansen on FMFORUMS !

Welcome to the FMFORUMS community, especially the Internet forums. I'm looking forward to learning from a true jedi master and hope we can all contribute to FX's success in some way as well. Welcome, welcome.

--ST

This topic is 7272 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.