Access from two separate fp7 files

This topic is 7274 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have two separate fp7 files.

One is a popup calendar, the other is just a form w/ a date field on it. I have a button which calls the popup calendar, from the calendar I am copying the selected date. I then return to the other form and I attempt to paste the copied information. I am returning nothing from the copy. Any ideas?

I cannot figure out how to pass the selection back to the other fp7 file. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob Kantor

The layout is 35 related fields. I have been able able to create a new layout that is hidden - in which I put the selected date on the layout. I able able to copy this to the clipboard, but I am still having problems pasting back to my other fp7. It is in the clipboard, but my script is not pasting. If I manually ctrl-v it put the value in the field.

I am selecting current window and then pasting into the field, but it not working....

Ok -- I figured out what I was doing wrong.

I had a perform script on a button to call the calendar. Which just called the calendar. I also had a script in the form which I thought was invoking the calendar. It turns out I was calling the calendar directly and not via my form's script. I ended up having my form call the calendar and then once a day is selected the calendar calls the script in the original form to do the paste into the form's field.

Seems very convoluted. Is there a better way?

Thanks,

Rob

This topic is 7274 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.