Exporting text to MYOB

This topic is 7268 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I export financial data from FM which our accounts department imports into MYOB without any problem (on a daily basis). I export comma-separated text (.csv). I don't know if that would make a difference?

Tried .csv export/import. MYOB still does not read the file as separate records. Even when I edit the text file directly and add carriage returns, MYOB skips the records. The MYOB error log says that the cards don

Exactly what transactions are you importing into MYOB?

Have you doublechecked that your fields correspond with MYOB's fields? MYOB has a bad habit of occasionally adding/removing a field and not recording this in the help. Try exporting some of your transactions and then checking them aginst your data.

did you ever resolve those problems and find a way to get a carriage return between exported records on mac ?

I have been manually using simple text to put returns and MYOB was ok with that , now I switched to OSX the returns I put in with text edit are not working.

m

mbcookman, was that actually addressed to me? Sorry, I can remember problems not solutions. I have a sneaking suspicion the CRs was one of the reasons we converted from Mac to PC. So, no, we didn't ever resolve the problem.

Or did we? I have a vague recollection that MYOB wants NL/CR, not just CR and I tore my hair out trying to insert hex characters in FMP.

Sorry I can't be more help.

I'm not sure about this. I think if you import a CSV file into Excel it will do the job a line/record at a time. When you export, you should get CRs.

Wouldn't that be CR/NL? That's what I get if I save a text file as DOS format (in BBEdit, Mac). Or is MYOB odd? Are you on a Mac? I posted an example file that exported a Windows .csv file from Mac FileMaker on another forum. I could go find it if you want to try it.

I hope that means you've solved the problem. I am staying awake at night trying to remember details. Was about to suggest double CRs! Unfortunately, around the time we had the problem, my customer was playing around with moving from all Mac to Mac/PC. The following are idle remembrances -

Did I have a problem moving a .TAB from one platform to another?

Was MYOB giving the appearance of stripping off the CRs? I think the Mac version did this. I remember calling MYOB who were totally useless.

This topic is 7268 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.