Sign in to follow this  
Ender

Format Painter shortcut?

Anyone know a keyboard shortcut to engage the Format Painter?

I don't see and can't find a Menu command key, don't know if there is one (sort of doubt it, anyone?). But since you're on a Mac, you can assign one. System Preferences, Keyboard & Mouse, Keyboard Shortcuts tab. You can create application-specific ones for FileMaker. Watch out for conflicts with other key commands (there's a lot in OS X). I like Control-Command- P. You may have to Quit FileMaker and start again.

This has been available via 3rd-party extensions/applications before, but now it's built-in and easy. I imagine there is something similar on Windows?

Another little trick you probably know is to hit the Enter key to toggle back to the last-used tool. Lets you use Format Painter over and over. I never use it, can't remember it's there; but maybe I will now B)-)

Thanks Fenton. The System Prefs-Keyboard Shotcuts worked great. And the Enter key trick is very cool.

I'm wondering what it is too!!! I know it exist, cause I have done it accidently several times. But for the life of me can not figure out what I did.

The mac systems pref is a good fix, but I know there is a native keyboard shortcut.

Anyone figure this one out??? It would be such a sweet time saver.