Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Coloured infill in body blocks out header in FM7

This topic is 7294 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a layout which extends past a page break - I have colour fill in the body and a header with graphics and text - when in preview mode, the second page has no header, and the body fill extends all the way up the page, but the field which crosses the page break starts the correct distance down as though the header is there - messed around for some time trying to find the problem before taking out the fill colour - presto the header re-appeared on page 2. Tried the same layout in FM6 and it works fine - is this a bug in FM7??

• Newbies

Thanks for the repsonse Vaughan

No - no title header - I tried it with new simple layouts in both FM7 and FM6 - header part, body part - no more + 2 fields - one in the header with a text tag, one in the body which I dragged down over the page break

Leave the colour (or pattern) off and it works fine - shows the header on both pages - put colour or pattern in the body and poof! goes the header on page 2 in FM7 - still shows perfectly in FM6

• Newbies

Hello Forum users/browsers - as a newcomer to this forum, I was hopeful that there would be keen users out there who would check this quirk out and confirm if it was repeatable, or at least tell me that I am a dill (that's Australian for dumb).

I am surprised by the high number of browsers on some items and the very low response post rate - seems some topics raise interest more than others........I guess thats life..........

Goodness me Mike, you have to give everyone some time to react, don't forget that you Aussies live out of sync with us Yurpeans and them Americans laugh.gif

I find that some layoutobjects (fields, graphics, buttons, whatever) are 'painted over' by the background colour. Once I change the background fill away from the default one (so I take a less dense fill), the problem disappears. Looks like a redraw problem to me.

Maybe that works for you, too?

• Newbies

Sorry for my seeming impatience, just thought i'd stir the pot a bit, I'm sure your Yurpean sense of humour will recognize this trait in Australians from all the Soapies we send you.

This problem seems to be different from that which you describe in that it doesn't matter which colour is chosen, even a pattern fill will cause the same effect. I used a work-around by creating a rectangular graphic the size of the body, colouring it, removing borders and sending it to the back -that works but it shouldn't be necessary.

Thanks for the response

This topic is 7294 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.