Script to Print Script Definitions

This topic is 8260 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to write a script that will print all the script definitions for my database which is composed of 17 related files.

I'm not sure how to automatically select the "print script definition" for all scripts in the Print dialog box. I want to do this automatically without the dialog box showing up.

I plan on creating a basic "Print Script" script in each file that prints the scripts for that file. Then I can use another script that will activate those. I'm just not sure how to script my basic one.

I know I'm missing something here. Is there a way that the script will remember the Print dialogue box settings like it does for the Sort, Find and Page Setup dialogues? As far as I can tell, it doesn't.

Any suggestiongs would be appreciated!

Thanks!

LR

You can try this: First do all of your page setups, then go ahead and print all scripts. Now go back and put the page setup and print steps into a script, set them both with no dialog.

Doing that might save all the necessary settings, since the settings are specific to Filemaker.

• 2 weeks later...

I did what you suggested, but it didn't work. Saving the page setup settings is no problem. But selecting to print the script is not in the page setup menu, it's in the print dialogue box. As far as I know, there is no way to save the settings from the print dialogue box in a script.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

LR

This topic is 8260 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.